Awarded for the first time in 1963 to encourage epilepsy research in Germany, to date the MICHAEL PRIZE is one of the most highly regarded international awards for the best contribution to clinical and experimental research which promote further developments in epileptology. It is awarded biennially and is specifically addressed to younger researchers not older than 45 years of age. The prize money is 20.000 Euro.
The MICHAEL PRIZE 2019 will be awarded for research in one of the following fields:
- Clinical neurophysiology
- Neuropsychology, Psychology and Psychiatry
- Epilepsy Genetics
The applicants may submit up to three scientific papers in English language, already published or submitted for publication; at least one of the papers, already published or not, must be from the period 2017 / 2018. The papers (publications or manuscripts) must be submitted to STIFTUNG MICHAEL before December 31, 2018 together with a curriculum vitae and with an indication which of the three eligible fields the applicant's research is referring to.
For entry form and upload, please consult: www.michael-foundation.de/michaelpreis
The applications submitted will be rated by an independent jury consisting of: Heidrun Potschka, Munich / Germany; Yushi Inoue, Shizuoka /Japan; Jean Gotman, Montreal / Canada.
The final decision will be taken by the Board of Trustees of the Michael Foundation.
The MICHAEL PRIZE 2019 is kindly sponsored by UCB International
- Part I (Written) Examination
- Those interested please write to the Board’s Chairman, Dr Shih-Hui LIM, c/o Department of Neurology, NNI-SGH Campus, Singapore General Hospital, Outram Road, Singapore 169608. Fax: 65-6220-3321, E-Mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Part II (Oral) Examination
- For those who have passed the Part I Examination and wish to take the Part II examination, please write to Dr Shih-Hui LIM directly for details (email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org).