The Asian Epilepsy Academy (ASEPA) is the educational arm of the International League Against Epilepsy (ILAE) - Asia Oceania. For the year 2023, ASEPA is offering two epilepsy training fellowships of 6-12 months duration to young physicians from Asian countries, for training at selected epilepsy centres in the Asian & Oceanian region. The fellowship provides a USD 10,000 stipend for travelling and other expenses. The candidate should be less than 50 years of age, and able to communicate in English. An evaluating committee will assess all applications.
Applications should include:
- Curriculum vitae with evidence to show the commitment to epilepsy.
- Proposed training goals, field of study and place of study. Candidates may also request that ASEPA suggests the place of study.
- Letter of recommendation from the applicant’s national epilepsy leadership.
- The names of two referees.
Applications may be submitted in writing or via email to:
Dr Chong-Tin Tan, Neurology Laboratory, University Malaya Medical Centre, 59100 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Applications must be received by 31st of May 2023.
MICHAEL FOUNDATION Call for Entries: The MICHAEL PRIZE 2023.
Awarded for the first time in 1963 to encourage epilepsy research in Germany, to date the MICHAEL PRIZE is one of the most highly regarded international awards for the best contribution to clinical and experimental research which promote further developments in epileptology. It is awarded biennially and is specifically addressed to younger researchers who have not yet reached the age of 45 at the time of the deadline for applications.
To ensure adequate consideration of the multiple aspects of epileptology, the prize is, in biennial rotation, awarded in three out of a total of nine categories, each of which is endowed with 15.000 Euros.
For 2023, the Michael Prize will be awarded for research in the following 3 categories:
- pharmacology / pharmacotherapy
- psychiatry, psychology and neuropsychology
- experimental epilepsy research
Applicants may submit up to three scientific papers in English language, papers published or accepted for publication; at least one of the papers, already published or not, must be from the period 2021 – 2022. The papers (publications or manuscripts) must be submitted to STIFTUNG MICHAEL before December 31, 2022 together with a curriculum vitae and with an indication to which of the three eligible categories the applicant’s research is referring to.
For papers not yet published, a copy of the acceptance note should be submitted.
For entry form and upload, please consult: www.michaelprize.de
The applications submitted will be rated by an independent jury consisting of:
- Yushi Inoue, Shizuoka / Japan
- Jean Gotman, Montreal / Canada
- Eleonora Aronica, Amsterdam / The Netherlands
The MICHAEL PRIZE 2023 is graciously sponsored by UCB Biopharma SRL who have been sponsoring the Michael Prizes since 2006.
For information: Stiftung Michael Alsstr. 12 D – 53227 Bonn / Germany
Website: www.stiftung-michael.de or www.michael-foundation.de
- Part I (Written) Examination
- Those interested please write to the Board’s Chairman, Dr Shih-Hui LIM, c/o Department of Neurology, NNI-SGH Campus, Singapore General Hospital, Outram Road, Singapore 169608. Fax: 65-6220-3321, E-Mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Part II (Oral) Examination
- For those who have passed the Part I Examination and wish to take the Part II examination, please write to Dr Shih-Hui LIM directly for details (email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Fee for EEG Certification Examination
(To be paid at Examination Site before commencement of Examination):
- Part I Examination Fee: US$150
Part II Examination Fee: US$200
- For introduction to Part I and Part II Examinations, click here.
For application to Part I Examination, click here.